Martin A. Kasten
Friday, Eldredge & Clark, LLP
400 West Capitol Ave
Little Rock, AR 72201
Martin focuses his practice on tort litigation and class actions in federal and state courts. His trial work includes the defense of claims involving business torts, Attorney General actions, Arkansas’ deceptive trade practices act, insurance coverage, products liability, premises liability and breach of contracts.
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, J.D., magna cum laude,1999
- Illinois State University, B.S., summa cum laude, 1995
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Action – Defendants
- Publication: Co-Author of “Handling Appeals in Arkansas” published by the Arkansas Bar Association
- Rated AV Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of the Arkansas Bar Association’s Lawyer Community Legacy Award
- Selected to the Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Stars List, 2008-2013
Key Appellate Matters
- The overturning of a $1.2 billion Medicaid fraud judgment, an $11 million deceptive trade practices act judgment, and a $180 million attorney fee award.
- The successful defense at the Supreme Court of Arkansas of a constitutional challenge to landmark legislation permitting racing franchise holders to conduct electronic gaming.
- Arkansas Court of Appeals affirmed a jury verdict for defendant railroad in an action brought under Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA), seeking to recover damages for injuries sustained when railroad allegedly directed employee to test experimental safety bracket for huck gun.
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals affirming summary judgment for railroad in FELA case where plaintiff claimed injuries from operating a ballast regulator.
- Arkansas Court of Appeals affirmed summary judgment in a legal malpractice suit based on the attorney-immunity statue.
- Martin has also handled multiple appeals involving airplane and helicopter crashes.
Your appeal will be handled by a highly regarded appellate team who are widely considered to be among the leading appellate lawyers in Arkansas. Members of the team are recognized for their litigation and arbitration practice by Best Lawyers, Chambers USA and Mid-South Super Lawyers. U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” ranks the firm’s regional appellate practice in the highest tier group. In addition, two members of the team are co-authors of the Arkansas Bar Association’s publication Handling Appeals in Arkansas.
Friday, Eldredge & Clark is a full-service law firm representing businesses, nonprofits, healthcare organizations, government entities and individual clients in Arkansas and across the United States. The firm is the largest in Arkansas with 90 attorneys and 100 support personnel.
Recognized as one of the oldest law firms in Arkansas, we have had the privilege of representing clients for 150 years. We attribute our success to a strong foundation of devoted leadership and a continuous, sharp focus on our clients’ needs.
We believe this foundation, along with offering services in more than 50 areas of the law, has allowed us to become the largest law firm in Arkansas with offices in Little Rock (headquarters) and Rogers.
Known for our rich history and vast scope of services, we are committed to further development and growth within the firm and our community to best serve our clients.