Kendra N. Beckwith
Messner Reeves LLP
1430 Wynkoop Street, Suite 300
Denver, Colorado 80202
Ms. Beckwith is an accomplished appellate advocate, having briefed and argued nearly 60 cases in state and federal appellate courts nationwide. Her practice covers a breath of areas, including real estate, commercial, employment, constitutional, personal injury, and professional negligence matters on behalf of individuals, small businesses, insurance companies, and Fortune 500 companies. Ms. Beckwith has a robust amicus curiae (friend of the court) practice. Industry groups and other interested parties often rely on her to provide briefing to the Colorado Supreme Court explaining how issues of first impression or great importance will affect them. She also has experience with original jurisdiction and mandamus proceedings.
Ms. Beckwith frequently partners with trial counsel to strategize resolutions to complex legal issues, assist with preservation at trial, and handle post-trial and dispositive motions. Ms. Beckwith also litigates cases for clients, with emphasis in wage and hour, non-compete, breach of contract, agency actions, and healthcare cases.
Ms. Beckwith is committed to pro bono representation. In 2021, she represented the Colorado Latino Leadership, Advocacy, and Research Organization before the Colorado Supreme Court in the inaugural congressional redistricting case addressing Colorado’s recent constitutional amendment.
Super Lawyers has recognized Ms. Beckwith since 2013. She is a three-time 5280 Top Lawyer (Appellate) and Best Lawyers in America has recognized her in the Appellate and Commercial categories.
- In re Colorado Independent Congressional Redistricting Commission, Colorado Supreme Court (redistricting)
- Gill v. Waltz, LLC and Delta Airlines, Inc. v. Scholle, Colorado Supreme Court (companion cases in which court adopted amicus rationale)
- Fox v. Alfini, Colorado Supreme Court (attorney client privilege)
- Craft v. Wyoming Department of Health, Wyoming Supreme Court (medical malpractice)
- Cortez v. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (employment law)
- Phathong v. Tesco Corp. (U.S.), Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (employment/personal injury)
- Johnson-Linzy v. Conifer Care Communities A, LLC, Colorado Court of Appeals (arbitration agreements)
- Price v. Mountain Sleep Diagnostics, Colorado Court of Appeals (Colorado Arbitration Act)
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D.
- University of Colorado, B.S., Journalism, with honors
- Member, CBA Litigation Appellate Subcommittee
- Denver and Colorado Bar Associations
- Defense Research Institute
- U.S. Court of Appeals of the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals of the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals of the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals of the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals of the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals of the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- U.S. Supreme Court
Our experience includes pursuing or defending interlocutory appeals, bringing original proceedings, and drafting briefs and arguing appeals before federal and state appellate courts. Beyond traditional appellate representation, we are adept at assisting trial counsel with directed verdict motions, jury instructions and post-trial briefings, and have experience with trial monitoring and analysis on behalf of excess insurance carriers and other interested parties. Our appellate and trial attorneys work closely as a team to anticipate, analyze and preserve issues and errors that may arise for appeal. Several of our attorneys are former judicial clerks, bringing another dimension of experience and knowledge to our team.
Whether you have just reached the conclusion of a trial and are preparing for an appeal or are in the midst of trial preparation, we can advise you every step of the way.
Our numerous success stories are the result of the close relationships we have built with each of our clients who are confident we are looking after them and their interests. At Messner Reeves, every client is our first priority – period. Whether you are an emerging entrepreneur, small business owner, or in-house general counsel, Messner Reeves LLP can provide the legal assistance you need to succeed.
The driving force behind our success is an entrepreneurial spirit that is unmatched by any other law firm. Our unique culture allows us to attract and retain top legal talent across the country. The result is a firm of highly motivated people loving what they do – practicing law and helping their clients achieve their goals.