Law Office of Aaron D. Bundy, PLC
2509 E 21st St
Tulsa, OK 74114
Kathleen Egan represents private clients in family law and civil justice matters at trial and on appeal. Her trial experience includes bench trials and jury trials for civil and criminal cases. She has a solid track record of success on appeal, having obtained reversals and mandates from Oklahoma’s appellate courts. Kathleen is a no-nonsense advocate who is particularly adept at research and case analysis. Kathleen is a fellow of the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and she is trained and certified by the AAML as a mediator.
Kathleen negotiates and writes private prenuptial, gestational, and property settlement agreements. She advises on complex financial matters, including division of deferred compensation, alimony claims, and above-the-guidelines child support. Her legal education includes completing the Advanced Business Valuation seminar at the National Family Law Trial Institute in Houston, Texas. Kathleen represents high-net-worth and ultra-high net-worth individuals concerning the complex financial and support issues unique to their status. Clients appreciate her clear communication style and her candid assessments.
Kathleen began her legal career practicing family law in New York. Later, she joined a civil plaintiff firm in Tulsa. Her work on complex injury and civil cases, combined with her specialized training and diverse trial experience, makes her exceptionally astute at identifying and confronting issues that other attorneys might overlook. Recognized by Super Lawyers, Kathleen Egan is one of Oklahoma’s preeminent family law attorneys. She is licensed to practice law in Oklahoma and New York.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- J.D. – 2007
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Oklahoma
- B.A. – 2003
- Bishop Kelley
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, New York Chapter
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
We use a proprietary system for appellate work, ranging from our intake process all the way to binding the brief, to ensure thoroughness and quality control. Our system incorporates software powered by artificial intelligence to ensure that each citation to the record is the most powerful option possible. While most appellate attorneys outsource different parts of the work, we acquired equipment to keep all of our appellate work in-house in order to minimize outsourcing and delay.
We offer private consultations and co-counsel relationships for other attorneys who practice primarily in trial courts.
We help clients navigate complex family transitions in matters involving income determination, asset valuation and division, and parental rights. We serve clients in Oklahoma state and federal courts in matrimonial, criminal defense, and catastrophic injury cases. Every lawyer at the firm is a trial lawyer with sound advocacy training and jury trial experience.
Our conduct in litigation, trial, and appeal is informed by our advanced training and grounded upon:
- The Bounds of Advocacy promulgated by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- The work of Stephen Susman reflected and codified at www.trialbyagreement.com
- The trial rules issued by Federal Judge Claire V. Egan, and
- The Standards for Appellate Conduct established by the Supreme Court of Texas.
We are highly skilled at putting together and trying a lean, efficient case based on facts. Our focus is on credibility: when we say something, we have the evidence to back it up, and we get to it.
We practice at the forefront of family law. Our law firm is listed in the 2022 Chambers Family/Matrimonial High Net Worth Guide and in U.S. News & World Report’s annual “Best Law Firms” directory.